Read about these in detail HERE
Higher Education Loans
FOR NEW STUDENTS APPLYING
- The end of May is the deadline for applying for your student finance. The actual date will be confirmed nearer the time by Student Finance UK. www.gov.uk/studentfinance
- If you are planning to start a full-time course at university or college this autumn it’s time to start thinking about your student finance.
- You do not need to have a confirmed university place to apply for student finance; you can enter your first choice of course, which can be updated easily at a later date.
- Applications should be completed online as soon as possible at www.gov.uk/studentfinance
Before completing your application you’ll need to have the following to hand:
- UK passport number
- Bank Account details
- National Insurance Number
- The university or college course details
Should any evidence be requested we would advise sending it straight away.
FOR CONTINUING STUDENTS
- The end of June is the deadline for re-applying for your student finance. The actual date will be confirmed nearer the time by Student Finance UK. www.gov.uk/studentfinance
- If you are returning to university in 2013 and your previous application did not depend on your household income you may not need to reapply and we will make contact with you by the end of February.
- If you are applying for student finance that depends on your household income you need to reapply as soon as possible at www.gov.uk/studentfinance
- The application will ask for your parents’ or partners’ National Insurance number so ensure you have it to hand. Should we need copies of financial evidence to support your application we will be in touch.
We advise that you submit your application before the deadline to ensure that your funding is in place for the start of the term.
For a range of helpful tools and guidance visit: www.thestudentroom.co.uk/studentfinance