Study Programmes are a new, exciting and more useful/challenging way for 16-18 year olds to learn and prepare for their next step, into work and/or Higher Education.
At East Sussex College Hastings, we are committed to ensuring that you are enrolled onto a Study Programme that will support you to progress in your career or whatever you want to do after you have finished your studies. That could be getting a job, starting an apprenticeship, taking up a place at university, or continuing to study with us. We will support you to gain the skills you need for a successful future.
Whichever Study Programme you choose at East Sussex College Hastings it will give you with an opportunity to:
- Study a substantial qualification - A-Level or a specific vocational qualification
- Work towards achieving a GCSE A*-C / Grade 4 and above, English and maths if you don't have it already, or a qualification that will help you progress towards GCSE in the future
- Participate in enrichment activities including art sessions, Duke of Edinburgh and sports sessions such as yoga, contact conditioning and boxercise, spin or circuits as well as provide you with tutorial time, study skills support and access to industry standard learning facilities.
Our excellent industry links with local and national companies will ensure you are able to :
- perfect your skills in our hair salons or beauty studios which are all open to the public
- access childcare placements via our links with over 30 local nurseries and primary schools
- work in our commercial kitchens, preparing and serving food in our fine dining restaurant Coast, as well as working in our on-site Costa Coffee Shop, Subway Restaurant and student canteen
- be taught in an airline cabin and gain work experience at Gatwick International Airport
- gain experience from visits to local businesses and industry experts who will set you live business challenges based on real customer requirements
- support other students and the general public in our gym to increase their fitness and well-being or coach school children to increase participation in sports
- provide pre-MOT testing for local people in our state-of-the-art Automotive Centre
- work to tight deadlines with marketing and design briefs from large companies such as Saga and Hastings Direct that could be used in national advertising campaigns
- gain valuable work experience by supporting local charities renovate community centres and empty homes to bring them back into use
- visit advanced manufacturing and engineering companies to see cutting edge technologies at work