What will I learn?
This Level 5 part-time course will enable you to teach English to non-native speakers, within the context of an English speaking environment (ESOL) and for non-native speakers resident in a non-English speaking environment (EFL).
The course typically runs for 22 weeks, with starts in January and September. It is internationally recognised and will allow you to find teaching roles in a number of organisations such as community groups, further education colleges and language schools.
- Observational journal (observation of qualified teachers at a language school)
- Unknown language (a short course in a language unknown to any of the candidates)
- Language awareness (English grammar and phonology)
- Learner profile (interview, assessment and teaching of a student 1:1)
- Materials assignment (externally assessed assignment on the use of invented materials)
- Teaching file (record of teaching practice)
What could I progress on to?
Your employment prospects are enhanced once you have successful completed the course, meaning you are qualified to teach students in a number of different countries.
Some students find employment in language schools in Hastings, host foreign students at home, teach community classes or work in schools and colleges.
Additional Course Details for 18/19
If you have any questions please contact Student Services on (01424) 458475 or if available use the Enquiry button.
Course code 2405 Course name Certificate In Teaching ESOL (Cert TESOL) Campus Station Plaza Study mode Part-Time Days Various Throughout Year 16-18 fee £1290.00 Entitlement Waiver £1290.00 Full Cost Fees £1290.00 Start date 04/01/19 Duration 22 week (s)