Level 3 Diploma Interactive Content, Virtual Reality & VFX
Advanced Learner Loan applicable
What entry requirements do I need?
You will need a minimum of: 5 GCSEs grade A*- C (grade 4 - 9) including English and maths; or successful completion of the Level 2 Diploma.
What will I learn?
Over the course of the programme you will learn aspects of graphic design, content capture, video editing and special effects, computer game design, web design and animation. You will become familiar with video and audio editing software, and master image manipulation and adobe programmes for editing still imagery. Youll then be able to set your creativity free while designing and building your own websites, mini-games, interactive videos and Virtual Reality content.
During the course you will focus on a number of topics including:
- Understanding video technology
- Soundtrack production for the moving image
- Interactive media design
- Digital video production for interactive content
- Sound in interactive content and computer games
- Computer Game Engines
- Computer Game Story Development
- Human-computer Interfaces for Computer games
- Principles of software design and development
- Web animation for interactive media
- Image manipulation using computer applications
- Computers in Art and Design, Interactive Media Authoring.
You will use your interest in computing, media, games, and animation to learn advanced skills in how to create virtual content and visual effects.
Your assessments will be carried out through a range of different assignments and coursework tasks
What could I progress on to?
On successful completion of the course you could progress onto university to study Digital Content, Moving Image, or Software Development subjects.
You may wish to start a career in the industry and could find roles in the Interactive Content sector, or Creative sector in general.
Additional Course Details for 19/20
Course code 19103Y1 Course name Level 3 Diploma Interactive Content: Games, Virtual Reality & VFX Campus Ore Valley Study mode Full-Time Start date 09/09/19 Duration 36 week (s)