Edexcel L3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching & Learning in Schools
Advanced Learner Loan applicable
What will I learn?
This course is suitable for anyone working as a teaching assistant or looking for employment at a school and seeking a formal qualification.
Students are responsible for finding their own placements if they are not already in employment. This should be for a minimum of one academic year and two full days each week. The tutor will discuss this with individual students.
All students should have a good level of English and maths.
- You will learn about communication and how to form professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- You will learn about schools as organisations
- You will understand child and young person development
- You will learn how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
- Your tutor/assessor will help you choose other specialist units to study in regards to the needs of your workplace
You will be assessed on an externally verified portfolio of evidence, which will consist of:
- Workplace assessments
- Professional discussions
- Work related projects
- Independent study/research
Work in a classroom environment as a specialist assistant Specialist special needs support worker
Additional Course Details for 17/18
If you have any questions please contact Student Services on (01424) 458475 or if available use the Enquiry button.
Course code 15656 Course name Edexcel L3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching & Learning in Schools (STALIS) Campus Study mode Part-Time Days On Demand 16-18 fee £0.00 Entitlement Waiver £0.00 Full Cost Fees £2100.00 Start date 01/08/17 Duration 30 week (s)