BA (Hons) Visual Communication: Graphic Design
What will I learn?
(This course is subject to validation from University of Brighton)
Our BA Graphic Design course will provide you with a solid understanding of the fundamentals of graphic design and prepare you for an exciting career. You will be able to develop original ideas that will help you to stand out from the crowd. We offer small class sizes, plentiful tutorial support and a supportive environment. Building on over a decade of success you will take part in national design competitions and have opportunities to engage with the local creative community, complete professional practice and develop your own unique approach to a range of diverse design briefs.
- Introduction to core design skills: Idea development, typography, print and screen design
- Branding and packaging design
- Introduction to cultural and critical studies
- Professional practice: Engaging with employers
- Developing Professional style
- Developing skills in cross-course elective modules including illustration, photography and animation.
- Development of cultural and critical studies: Dissertation
- Professional practice: Work experience
What could I progress on to?
Once graduated, you will be fully prepared for a role as a professional graphic designer working in-house or in an agency. You may choose to go on to study at MA level or complete a Post Graduate Certificate of Education.
Past students have gone on to work for companies such as Mother, Coley Porter Bell,Addision and Wolf Olins in London while others have also gone on to join or establish their own design and web practises in Hastings.
Additional Course Details for 17/18
Course code 16641 Course name BA (Hons) Visual Communication: Graphic Design Campus Station Plaza Study mode Full-Time Days Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri Start date 25/09/17 Duration 30 week (s)