Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Priority statement for Community Learning
Community Learning (CL) offers a broad range of provisions that brings together adults, often of different ages and backgrounds, by helping them to pursue an interest, address a need, gain a new skill, become healthier, or learn how better to support their children.
To achieve this, the college works closely with local stakeholders and community partners across the whole of Hastings and Rother. We are members of the Hastings and Rother Adult & Community Learning Forum and we undertake community consultation annually via the festival of learning in June/July.
- To maximise access to Community Learning for all adults, bringing new opportunities and improving lives
- To promote social renewal by bringing local communities together to experience the joy of learning and the pride that comes with achievement
- To help maximise the effect Community Learning has on the social and economic well-being of individuals, families and communities
Priorities for 17/18
- Increasing the amount of family learning including English, maths and parenting in partnership with local schools and children's centres in the Hastings and Rother area
- Increasing the amount of Community Learning in deprived communities with a focus on Sidely (Bexhill), Baird, Tressell, Central St. Leonards, Gensing, Hollington and Ore (Hastings & St Leonards) and Tilling Green (Rye)
- Deliver Community Learning courses in isolated rural communities in Rother
- Focusing on confidence building to enable participants to access further training including Employability, ICT for personal use or financial literacy, health and wellbeing courses and wider Community Learning and into accredited provision
- Working with the Adult Learning Forum members and wider partners to develop progression routes from Community Learning onto accredited provision
If partners, community groups or local people would like more information on the college's approach to Community Learning then please contact:
Tel. 01424 458403
CLICK THE BANNER BELOW TO DOWNLOAD OUR FLYER FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
There are no articles in this category. If subcategories display on this page, they may contain articles.